Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Phoenix Nights



I've really liked Phoenix since I first heard them back in 2000. I heard Too Young, the first single from the LP United and went out and bought a promo copy of the album. I copied it onto a Minidisc and listened to it loads. I may have played Too Young in my very first set at Candybox. I lent my promo to my then girlfriend, we split up a few months later. I didn't get my CD back.

A couple of years later they returned with Alphabetical, another good album with a couple of great singles in Run Run Run and Everything is Everything.

This year they return with a new record, that on first listen is bristling with the same pop energy as on the first two longplayers but maybe a little less knowingly 80's. Whatever, I will always hold a place in my heart for this band. If only that bitch of an ex could give me back my copy of United...................

TOO LATE PEOPLES, GO BUY IT!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No comments:

Blog Archive

Disclaimer

Of course it goes without saying that the files posted here are for evaluation purposes only and if you like what you hear you should go out and buy the artists stuff. At the very least go to a gig, buy a t-shirt or turn someone else on to some great music. Keep Good bands alive!