Saturday, September 06, 2008

a few more visitors, a few more uploads

Still no joy with the cunting dj program but i'd thought i'd keep the momentum going and put a few more morsels up for your delectation.
In the last few weeks I went ona bit of a mad search for new interesting music like I used to do in my early days of internet perusal and I unearthed a few really good bits and pieces.
The first thing I was hooked in by was this video that was everywhere on the usual big music blogs...................



So its obvously a cover of Fleet Foxes, who according to my last.fm charts
are my band of the year and these two girls are a pair of Swedish sisters who record under the name First Aid Kit. 15 and 17 respectedly they show influences that betray their years, definite hints of Joanna Newsom and Alela Diane in there, maybe thats why I like it so much.
Their EP is entitled Drunken Trees and can be purchased from here.................

or try it here

Another EP I came across(and I can't remember how/why)was by London based artist called Broadcast 2000. Basically the creation of one Joe Steer it has been likened to things like Sufjan Stevens and i'd throw in other singular mavericks such as Jim Noir and the guy from Get Well Soon.
The EP is 20 minutes of loveliness and you deserve to listen to it.

Go on then.........


Listening to this then reminded me of a find from earlier this year in the shape of The Mondestrunken EP from fellow London based artist F. Lunaire. I'm not gonna tell you much about him apart from the fact he covers Dramamine by Modest Mouse on the EP and has an amazing cover of another alt-rock classic up on you tube.

Download this one now


then


watch this




Finally, I've been thinking of late how shit xfm is these days. I get to listen to the one time alternative station allday due to my seniority at work and what do I hear, the good songs repetitively, the shite songs by the likes of One Night Only, Scouting For Girls, Hard-Fi and The Kooks also repetitively and a few overplayed classics inbetween. It actually feels like Groundhog Day listening to that shower all week but I guess it's still better than Virgin Reddieyo(as most of their cockwank dj's call it. Found it they are changing their name to Absoluite Radio soon, maybe they should merge with "the mighty" x and call themselves Absolute Cunts???????????? I digress,,,,,,,, when xfm first came along what must have been about 16 years ago for it's monthly trials the music it played seemed completely alien to me. I was just getting to know "indie" music and some of the stuff played during the daytime confused the fuck out of me. It was the sort of thing I didn't want my parents to know I listened to cos they might worry about me. Now its stuff the parents probably buy!!!
Anyway, one thing they caned during daytime schedules was a track called Airplane Gardens by The Family Cat. It was great pre-Britpop indie and was an NME single of the week if I remember correctly, the 3 tracks on the single were all great and I still think it stands up now.
DOWNLOAD and appreciate.


Thats that, apologies if this was a little rambling and also for typos but I have a severe bout of man-flu and I'm a bit delirious to be honest. Enjoy the goodies and I'll post again quite quite soon.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Disclaimer

Of course it goes without saying that the files posted here are for evaluation purposes only and if you like what you hear you should go out and buy the artists stuff. At the very least go to a gig, buy a t-shirt or turn someone else on to some great music. Keep Good bands alive!