Monday, March 23, 2009

four months late………………..

Howdy cuntos, thought i should update so eventually i have done and this is said update.
i really have no excuse for not doing it I guess I am just a lazy lazy cunt! Actually I have been a little busier with doing candybox every week again and also regular dj slots at The Good Ship in Kilburn, how fucking weird that I’ve been doing this for about 12 years and I’m now busier than ever just when I’m feeling old and decrepit!!!!!!!!
I know some people come here from the candybox website expecting to get some sort of idea of what we play every Thursday and obviously those people (you perchance????) are left most disappointed, if you have come here looking for that can i direct you the the candybox facebook group where you will find setlists from all the most recent nights.
As for setlists from the mighty Good Ship, perhaps I'll post them here at some point, perhaps in this format……………………….goods

if you can read any of that you’ll see it’s party central when I’m on the ones and twos. oh yes!!!!!

So yeah, I didn’t post my end of year list like I said maybe I possibly but probably wouldn’t but maybe will do. I just felt that all of these lists are fundamentally the same, every blog writer has pretty much the same taste and what purpose would that serve? plus I'm a lazy cunt!!
For the record, as hinted my two favourite records were The Seldom Seen Kid by Elbow and of course the self titled debut by Fleet Foxes, two classic records that are still selling now which is a marvellous thing. As I’m sure I’ve mentioned before I FUCKING LOVE ELBOW!!!!!!!! and always thought they deserved to be much more widely appreciated and now it finally seems they are the world seems a much better place(hmmmmm??????), I’m not even sick of hearing One Day Like This on the hour every hour on xfm every day, this is surely the feel good story of the last few years, everyone always knew they were the nicest bunch of lads and now the world is theirs, hoorah!!!
Fleet Foxes I saw for the first time supporting Elbow last June and they are flying too, still in the UK Top 30 (a place above Elbow actually!)and supporting kindred spirit Neil Young in Hyde Park this summer. Elbow get to support U2 at Wembley, I might try to get a ticket and leave before the headliners……….

So that was last year, what has floated my boat so far this year you ask, let me tell you………….

Alela Diane - To Be Still

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion

Bruce Springsteen - Working On A Dream

DM Stith - Heavy Ghost

Hatcham Social - You Dig The Tunnel, Ill Hide The Soil

Heartless Bastards - The Mountain

Howling Bells - Radio Wars

The Invisible - The Invisible     DOWNLOAD

It Hugs Back - Inside Your Guitar    DOWNLOAD

Madness - The Liberty Of Norton Folgate

M Ward - Hold Time

Morrissey - Years Of Refusal

The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart

The Phantom Band - Checkmate Savage

Phosphorescent - To Willie

The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

The Rakes – Klang

Red Light Company - Fine Fascination

The Rifles - The Great Escape

School Of Seven Bells – Alpinisms      DOWNLOAD

Titus Andronicus - The Airing Of Grievances

Wake The President - You Can't Change That Boy

All worth checking out, there’s been lots of other stuff as well but I guess these have been on heaviest rotation, helping me on the journey to deepest darkest Dagenham every fucking morning. These and the following podcasts that is………

Collings and Herrin

Adam and Joe

Iain Lee

606 With Danny Baker

Essential stuff that I could not make the journey without, have a listen and enjoy.

 

Right I’m going now, this has been long enough I reckon, rather enjoyable actually,  using Window Live Writer which on first impression feels like a fabulous easy too use blog application which might force me to do these a bit more regularly, we shall see huh. Gonna leave you with a special little download, a big one actually all of the extra discs with the shameless EMI Radiohead reissues out today in one handy RAR file, some good stuff on them – B Sides, Live Tracks, Remixes etc but not worth buying, you’ve all got the actual albums already, EMI has had your money already so fuck em!

******THE DISC 2s OF ALL THE EMI RADIOHEAD REISSUES******

And finally for those who are so inclined a Spotify playlist of some of the above and a few other bits, chat soon!

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Idioteque !

Blog Archive

Disclaimer

Of course it goes without saying that the files posted here are for evaluation purposes only and if you like what you hear you should go out and buy the artists stuff. At the very least go to a gig, buy a t-shirt or turn someone else on to some great music. Keep Good bands alive!