Wednesday, November 19, 2008

dave tries to objectively review the killers record, fails


Ahoy hoy dear reader, hope all is well in your world(s). Had a good couple of weeks since the last post. I saw my joint favourite new band of 2008 play for the second time and also my second favourite new band last night, you can work out who they are by checking my last.fm profile I guess but obviously they are going to feature very highly in my end of year list which will feature very soon so I'll be a little coy for now.
Made a comeback to the live arena myself with a pretty well received acoustic show the other week and with a few more pencilled in, it lookS like 2009 is gonna be a busy year. Look at our shite myspace here

Ok, this could prove tricky, I'm going to do one of my live blogging review type things of one of my least favourite bands ever, thats right The(cunting)Killers new one Day and Age. Oh fuck, let me have a fag first................

1. Losing Touch
The usual shite lyrics, brass like any self respecting shit ambitious indie music of the last 15 years, big solo near the end. Why am I doing this.........

2. Human
The single, on xfm every hour on the hour with that great chorus of "Are we human or are we dancer", classic utter bollocks wordage there Brandon you cunt.

3. Spaceman
I hate this band and I can't listen to any more, sorry this is painful, I would rather listen to the death rattle of my only child..........

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well that was just too hard, I don't think I'm missing out on something awe inspiring and I'll probably hear all of these songs at some point on daytime radio for the next year or so and so will you so make your own minds up. Its just if you come to the conclusion that yes, you do like this shower then you are wrong. Thanks!

What you should be listening to is

Deerhunter-Microcastle/Weird Era Cont.
A sprawling 80 minute 2 cd collection of psychedelic shoegazy loveliness from the Atlantans. I couldn't really get into the last album Cryptograms but this is an accessible set that has the feel of a minor classic.

Come to think of it this is the only new thing that I've really listened to in the last few weeks, been mainly listening to podcasts to and from work and listening back to my albums of the year in preperation for the list I will put up in a few weeks, The Killers will not be on there!!!!

In the meantime please vote in the very important poll at the top of the page, laters!!!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Disclaimer

Of course it goes without saying that the files posted here are for evaluation purposes only and if you like what you hear you should go out and buy the artists stuff. At the very least go to a gig, buy a t-shirt or turn someone else on to some great music. Keep Good bands alive!